Christmas Poems for Friends




Christmas Is a Holiday for Friends

Christmas is a holiday for friends,
However they may be, or not, related.
Remember that the three wise kings were strangers
In search of one remote, uncanny dream.
So may we all be far more than we seem,
Together bound for dark and haunting changes,
More lovely for the loves we have created
Along the lonely paths from means to ends,
Stumbling towards that star of Bethlehem.

By Nicholas Gordon

-----------------------------------------
Friendship is for young and old
Precious like a pot of gold;
Friendship is a sunny day,
As fresh and sweet as new mown hay;
Friendship comforts in the night
Like a star that's shining bright;
Friendship is a gently thing,
Soft as a dove that's on the wing;
Friendship is a joy to see
And is the bond twix you and me;
Friendship is there for all to find,
The secret saviour of mankind
This Christmas message that I send
Is enjoy it well, my special friend

unknown author

 -----------------------------------------------
In this ever changing world
It's nice to know
That one thing is forever
You'll always be my friend

This Christmas card is sent today
And I hope it's plain to see
You're a very special person
Who means so much to me

We've been friends for many years
I'm sure you'll agree
We couldn't have known when we met
Just what friends we'd be

But it happened and I'm grateful
And this card is sent to say
To me you're very special
So enjoy your Christmas day
author unknown

No comments: