Christmas Prayer for those who work on Christmas Day

Christmas Prayer for those who work on Christmas Day -I
Lord. As I spend today going about my work, help me to put aside any bitterness that I'm not celebrating at home with loved ones. I ask you, Loving Father, to give me a special sense of your presence as I meet people, that I may shed on them the light of the Bethlehem Star, the Spirit of Christmas. Amen.

Christmas Prayer for those who work on Christmas Day -II
Loving God, on this sacred day, I am going to work. There is something special about working on Christmas, when so many others are home with loved ones. My work today might even have a wondrous sense of service and necessity. But it doesn’t always feel noble and inside me there is a struggle: I wish I could stay home. Help me to feel missioned by you today. Let me recognize the unique way my co-workers and I are called to serve our brothers and sisters. Let me take just a moment in this quiet to feel your deep love for me. May I carry that sense of peace with me as the light of your love, shining on everyone I come in contact with today. Thank you.

No comments: