Quotes - by Ernest Hemingway - 1-

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Ernest Hemingway

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.
Ernest Hemingway

All our words from loose using have lost their edge.
Ernest Hemingway

I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.
Ernest Hemingway

Hesitation increases in relation to risk in equal proportion to age.
Ernest Hemingway

I know now that there is no one thing that is true - it is all true.
Ernest Hemingway

For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can.
Ernest Hemingway

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway

I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.
Ernest Hemingway

Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.
Ernest Hemingway

All modern American literature comes from one book by Mark Twain called Huckleberry Finn.
Ernest Hemingway

I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?
Ernest Hemingway

All good books have one thing in common - they are truer than if they had really happened.
Ernest Hemingway

It's none of their business that you have to learn how to write. Let them think you were born that way.
Ernest Hemingway

When I have an idea, I turn down the flame, as if it were a little alcohol stove, as low as it will go. Then it explodes and that is my idea.
Ernest Hemingway

The game of golf would lose a great deal if croquet mallets and billiard cues were allowed on the putting green.
Ernest Hemingway

Never mistake motion for action.
Ernest Hemingway

When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.
Ernest Hemingway

The 1st panacea of a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the 2nd is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; a permanent ruin.
Ernest Hemingway

No comments: